Friday, June 25, 2010

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

  ACTUAL ' CALL  CENTER ' CALLS . . . . .

Customer:    'I've been calling 700-1000 for two days and can't get  through;  can you help?'
 Operator:    'Where did you get that number, sir?'
 Customer:    'It's on the door of your business.'
 Operator:    'Sir, those are the hours that we are open.'
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

 Samsung Electronics

 Caller:   'Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?'
 Operator:  'I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about.'
 Caller:  'On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly 
 states  that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and  telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?'
 Operator:  'I think it means the telephone plug on the wall.'
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 RAC Motoring Services

Caller: 'Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am traveling  in  Australia  ?'
Operator:    'Does the product name give you a clue?'
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Caller (enquiring about legal requirements while traveling in  Europe  ): 'If  I register my car in  France  , and then take it to  England  , do I have  to change the steering wheel to the other side of the car?'
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Directory Enquiries

 Caller:  'I'd like the number of the Argo Fish Bar, please'
 Operator: 'I'm sorry, there's no listing. Are you sure that the spelling is correct?'
 Caller: 'Well, it used to be called the Bargo Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off.'
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.

 Operator:  'Woven? Are you sure?'
 Caller:  'Yes. That's what it says on the label -- Woven in 
 Scotland'

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator:
Caller:  'I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number  on.'
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Tech Support:  'I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop.'
 Customer:    'OK.'
 Tech Support:  'Did you get a pop-up menu?'
 Customer:    'No.'
 Tech Support:  'OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?'
 Customer:  'No.'
 Tech Support: 'OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?'
 Customer:    'Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I wrote 'click'.'

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Tech Support: 'OK. At the bottom left hand side of your screen, can you  see the 'OK' button displayed?'
 Customer: 'Wow! How can you see my screen from there?'
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Caller:  'I deleted a file from my PC last week and I just realized that I need it. So, if I turn my system clock back two weeks will I get my file back again?'

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 This has to be one of the funniest things in a long time. I think this guy should have been promoted, not fired. This is a true story from the WordPerfect Helpline, which was transcribed from a recording monitoring  the customer care department.. Needless to say the Help Desk employee was 
 fired; however, he/she is currently suing the WordPerfect organization for 'Termination without Cause.'

 Actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee.  (Now I know why they record these conversations!):

 Operator: 'Ridge Hall, computer assistance; may I help you?'
 Caller:    'Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect.'
 Operator:  'What sort of trouble??'
 Caller: 'Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away.'
 Operator: 'Went away?'
 Caller:  'They disappeared.'
 Operator:  'Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?'
 Caller:    'Nothing.'
 Operator: 'Nothing??'
 Caller:  'It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type.'
 Operator:  'Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out??'
 Caller:    'How do I tell?'
 Operator: 'Can you see the 'C: prompt' on the screen??'
 Caller:  'What's a sea-prompt?'
 Operator: 'Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?'
 Caller:  'There isn't any cursor; I told you, it won't accept anything I type.'
 Operator:    'Does your monitor have a power indicator??'
 Caller:      'What's a monitor?'
 Operator:  'It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV.  Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on??'
 Caller:  'I don't know.'
 Operator:    'Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that??'
 Caller:  'Yes, I think so.'
 Operator:  'Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall..
 Caller:  'Yes, it is..'
 Operator:  'When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there  were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one??'
 Caller:  'No.'
 Operator:  'Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable.'
 Caller:  'Okay, here it is.'
 Operator:  'Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into  the back of your computer.'
 Caller:  'I can't reach.'
 Operator:  'OK. Well, can you see if it is??'
 Caller:  'No..'
 Operator: 'Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way  over??'
 Calle  'Well, it's not because I don't have the right angle -- it's because it's dark.'
 Operator:  'Dark??'
 Caller:  'Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window.'
 Operator:  'Well, turn on the office light then.'
 Caller:  'I can't.'
 Operator:  'No? Why not??'
 Caller:  'Because there's a power failure.'
 Operator: 'A power .... A power failure? Aha. Okay, we've got it licked  now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff that your  computer came in??'
 Caller:  'Well, yes, I keep them in the closet.'
 Operator:  'Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from.'
 Caller:  'Really?  Is it that bad?'
 Operator:  'Yes, I'm afraid it is.'
 Caller: 'Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them??'
 Operator: 'Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer

So much for call centers. they really have a difficult job.

No comments:

Post a Comment